To reduce my digital consumption, I decided to ditch the Smart Watch for something much simpler.
Introducing the Casio AE1500WH-8B!
The name could be simpler, but whatever. Here’s why I love it.
- It’s comfortable
- It’s sturdy
- It looks good
- It tells the time
- It has a stop watch
- It has a timer
- It has an alarm (or 5 if you wish)
- It has a snooze function
- It clearly shows the time, day and date
- It has a light
- It’s water resistant
- It has a TEN year battery life (let that one sink in)
- It doesn’t vibrate
- It doesn’t interrupt me with work emails or notifications
- It doesn’t guilt me that I haven’t done enough exercise or steps
- There’s no temptation to add apps
- I’m not worried about breaking it because it was only $100 (even cheaper if you’re in the US)
- It has an excellent warranty if it does break
- It takes me back to a time when this type of watch was cool
It does exactly what it’s meant to do very well.
No more, no less, no fuss.